Portrait Series - Dwellings

I started these portraits with a simple concept: people in their rooms. For IB, I decided to start exploring the relationship we have with a...

I started these portraits with a simple concept: people in their rooms. For IB, I decided to start exploring the relationship we have with a place that has stayed static through the transience of our lives.


This series, inspired by the candid portraiture of Petra Collins, strove to juxtapose the static nature of our spaces with the dynamic nature of their owners. While our bedrooms do change over time, they tend to be a constant within our hectic lives. I limited subjects to those close to me in order to authentically capture intimate moments. The images have minimal editing and intend to reflect the relationship between dwellings and dwellers.  










You Might Also Like

0 comments