Final Emulation: Jamie Beck and Kevin Burg Cinemagraphs

Jamie Beck and Kevin Burg work collaboratively in New York City to pioneer this new medium of photography called a cinemagraph. They conside...

Jamie Beck and Kevin Burg work collaboratively in New York City to pioneer this new medium of photography called a cinemagraph. They consider it a "living photograph [...] it’s a photograph that has a living moment inside of it." I noticed their work consists of scenes demonstrating subtle movements in a still environment, which always seems to breath life into the image. I decided to emulate the style and coloring of this cinemagraph. I muted the tones of my image to make it very calm, and followed a photoshop tutorial to great a mask where the image would move. I converted it to a gif and this is the product. Overall I decided to go with the Blink image because I thought it was the smoothest and most subtle however I thought the group of gifs as a whole were very effective and interesting.
Photoshop Tutorial
Jamie Beck/Kevin Burg Website
Time Magazine Article about Artists

Image I Emulated:
Taking it All In By Kevin Burg and Jamie Beck


My Emulation:

Blink




Other Cinemagraphs I made










You Might Also Like

0 comments