Project 6

HDR This is my HDR photo of some buildings near Burnside. Personally, I don't like HDR very much because I am not a fan of extreme satu...

HDR
This is my HDR photo of some buildings near Burnside. Personally, I don't like HDR very much because I am not a fan of extreme saturation. Out of all my HDR photographs, this was my favorite because it was the most toned down. I shot with a shutter speed at 1/15 of a second, an aperture of f/22, and an ISO ranging from 100 to 640.
This is a normal exposure of the buildings


This is the HDR consisting of many exposures of the building
Panoramas
I took three panoramas. The first was of the foggy backlit skyline from Lincoln. I really liked this panorama because of the effect of the clouds. It has a sort of moody industrial feel to it. I shot 6 landscape oriented photos to take this at 1/8000 of a second, f/11, and a ISO at 1600.

The second panorama I took was of the same buildings and library near Burnside. I liked this shot because of the sad mood it conveyed, the tones of the black and white, and the rooftop perspective. I shot 8 photos at 1/160th of a second, and ISO 1600, and an aperture at F/22.
My last panorama I experimented with shooting a vertical perspective. I chose to shoot it because the roof top I was on was next to this hugely wide and tall sky scraper being made and I wanted to capture what even the widest angled lenses couldn't capture in portrait orientation. While it may not look extremely panoramic, it consists of 7 landscape oriented photos stacked on top of each other shot at 1/400th of a second, an aperture at f/22, and an ISO of 1600.

Multiple Exposures
I made two multiple exposures. My first I decided to show movement with, so I had Emily move in front of a lit window so I could display it with a backlit effect. I combined these in photoshop and it gave me the desired effect. I shot these original images with f/10, a 1/320th of a second, and an iso at 1600. The combined images were warmed up, have a lower opacity and are screen layers. I chose this one to present because I like the linear aspects of it as well as the highlighted hands
These are the three images I combined:

And this is the multiple exposure:

 My second multiple exposure I tried to have a film like effect on, because true multiple exposures are shot on the roll of film. Before combining the images, I converted one to black and white and added grain. I lowered the contrast on the image of plants to fade it. I then converted them, putting the silhouette on top and making it a a darkened layer. This was my favorite multiple exposure I made. Here are the images alone; the silhouette is shot at 1/320th of a second, at f/10, with an ISO of 1600. The second image is shot at 1/30th of a second at f/16, with an ISO of 3200. I really liked the combined effect, it was just very aesthetically pleasing for me.
Single Images:

 Multiple Exposure:




You Might Also Like

0 comments