The Best Thing I Did This Summer

The best thing I did this summer was a trip around Whistler Peak. It was very cold and went into the wilderness. I thought it  was really be...

The best thing I did this summer was a trip around Whistler Peak. It was very cold and went into the wilderness. I thought it  was really beautiful and I was really excited to see some marmots and other wildlife. This is a photo of my brother and good friend Josie at the end of the last stretch where they found some skis that must have been lost in the snow.


We started on a Gondola and made our way up to a normal chairlift, to the first peak. This is a photo right as we went over a crevasse which in the fog looked like a white abyss. I am scared of heights but luckily my prolonged exposure to chairlifts left me immune to the fright my friends were feeling. They screamed at me for taking out my phone. This was right as we got on before we entered the cloud.

Once we got to the top it was ten degrees cooler and we couldn't see the views everyone talks about. However, I thought the true beauty was the tundra and personally have always been a fan of overcast lighting and cloudy skies (not to be grim).


We then went on the hike and saw several marmots and pikas. The skies eventually cleared up and towards the end, at Singing Ridge, we ended up seeing a rainbow as the clouds followed us around the peak. Here are some more pictures from the hike:







You Might Also Like

0 comments