Angles, Elements, and FIlters: Filter Tests

I used filters 1,2,3,4, and 5. They are pictured below in ascending order from top to bottom. The image to the side is no filter, which is f...

I used filters 1,2,3,4, and 5. They are pictured below in ascending order from top to bottom. The image to the side is no filter, which is fairly clear because of it's lack off contrast and the darkness of it. Personally, my favorites were filter 1 and 2. Aesthetically, I prefer less contrast because when I shoot I usually don't picture the image with additional contrast and only really shoot when the lighting allows for the effect I want. I also think that film has a really nice softness and lack of contrast that is just the natural effect, which I really like. I think that 1 and 2 looked the most natural and true to how I remember the shot. Note that on my contact sheet the filter free image was exposed properly and wasn't so dark, I intentionally over exposed it here, so that the filter test would be clearer and more obvious in its differences.


Final Image (Toned):
\

For this image, I chose the two filter because I preferred it muted and less contrasty. I also filtered it briefly with a sepia filter.





You Might Also Like

0 comments